Everything goes quiet. The air seems still and calm – even the birds stop singing. After a few minutes, you feel a change in the air, and suddenly a line of dark clouds appears on the horizon – clouds with a look that tells you they aren’t fooling around.
YOU SEE THE CLOUDS ON THE HORIZON YET IT STILL SEEMS CALM
There is a scientific explanation for HOW this happens but let’s focus on the lesson of the calm before the storm…
There is often a quiet period just before a period of great activity.
We are living in the calm before the storm…
1. Gas Prices – Stabilizing- not going lower – just stabilizing
2. Syria – U.N. peace talks are happening – violence is still going on but there is light to the possible ending of it
3. Iran- nuclear talks are proposed – things are quieting down (less TALK of an Israeli attack)
4. Greece – default on hold (March 20th 14.5 billion euros were owed, payment of just 7.5 billion euros was made)
5. Stock market – up a little, down a little – stable
6. Housing market – Latest report has home values increasing ½ %
Don’t be fooled by the calm BEFORE the storm!
This is a time to PREPARE.
It is calm because it’s an election year – we have less than 7 months to go
- Behind the scenes – debt continues to rise (National & Personal)
- Foreclosures are ready to soar once again (some say worse than before)
- Tension still high in Middle East
- Syria will fall – will Muslim Brotherhood fill the vacuum?
- Dollar will fall / depreciate– Inflation will increase
What’s the solution?
A call to repentance is a must! (Daniel 9)