Are you ready for two thousand and twelve?
I believe there as been more discussion about the beginning of 2012 than possibly any year since Y-2K. Like 12 years ago, it seems every media outlet has something to say about the drastic possibilities of the coming year.
Got me to thinking. With all the news and projections being made, from both Christian and secular sources, how much does or should this impact the average believer? I realize that our trust and faith is in the Lord, but does that mean that we should not be prepared? Should we, as believers, be ready to meet spiritual needs and as many physical needs as possible?
With all that is being said, are believers following the news? Are they reading God’s Word with a new zest? I am not trying to date set, for we have been told “no one knows the day or the hour”. Whether Jesus is to return this year or not, there are enough aspects of our lives that are extremely fragile. We have little margin in so many aspects of our lives. We have seen what natural disasters can do to wreck havoc on daily lives. What if those natural disasters were mixed with financial chaos, such as more financial failure or large spikes in everyday living (food, gas, etc.). What about a middle-east war or political unrest (both here and foreign)
How fragile are our surroundings? If chaos happens will the church be a light to those caught in chaotic darkness or will the church be swept up in whatever may happen. Will the church be effective or will it be caught in the conditions that may be?
Let’s take our own poll. What do you think…
• Will financial collapse happen in Europe?
• Will the housing market here in the U.S. recover or continue downward?
• Will the dollar lose more value in 2012?
• Will gold and silver go up in price?
• Will gas go up in price?
• Will there be a war with Iran?
• Will Obama get elected for a 2nd term?
• If not Obama then who becomes President?
• Are you personally preparing for 2012?
• Are you putting away food?
• If so, how much?
• Have you paid off debts?
• Have you shared the gospel with others?
• Do you discuss the possibilities of 2012 with others?
Is that enough questions!